Tell me about your shop space

WOW this is the total dream! Congrats on getting that space together - I can’t imagine the amount of work you put in to that.

3 Likes

Jim - Nice! Yes, I love my lathe. The R90/6 wasn’t planned… the motos usually stay in the garage but I decided to tackle a full-custom project, and so there it is. My wife and daughter just shake their heads at me sometimes.

Eva - SO much time and effort. Worth every bit : )

-Chris

1 Like

@ChrisBlandford wins the shop space award!

I have about 400sqft detached garage. Contents include bikes, household storage, a growing selection of machines. It’s not insulated which limits the ‘working seasons’ - Apr to Jun and Sept to Nov. Over the past month or so, I’ve cleared a corner and I’m developing a plan to insulate and install heat/AC.

3 Likes

Throw a bed in your shop and I could live there!

What a treat to have so much natural light. Meanwhile, I toil away in my troll cave :troll:

3 Likes

Glad you dig it…

Speaking of shops you could live in… My all-time favorite shop is motorcycle builder Max Hazan’s downtown LA spot. He’s also got windows and plants, but even has curtains and a sousaphone! Ha. Anyway, it’s a good reminder that shops don’t have to be particle board and 2x4’s.

-Chris

1 Like

Inspirational workshop! Shop plants??? that is next level.

4 Likes

ChatGPT please generate a perfect workshop :slight_smile:

7 Likes