Brainstorm: Open Source Fixture <$1000?

Interesting, lmk how it goes!

2 Likes

As of now, this is the state of affairs…
Thanks to this forum, I am thinking about the laser diode idea to get it all aligned. (Total cost: equivalent of 240 dollars so far.)
A few nuts, bolts + bits, some changed components, getting it aligned and a stand to put it the jig on, still pending🤞

11 Likes

If you have an alignment table you can easily use that to zero in the jig.

2 Likes

Thanks @DEVLINCC for the suggestion. But no luck there… I do have a marble top desk though, but I don’t trust the floor it’s resting on… However, I can try to get it aligned by using spacers on the table legs…

I am a hobby, budget builder (atleast, as of now) and many of the frame-building hardware are not available in my country (India.) So all suggestions are welcome to get the frame building hobby going (in a cost effective way😅)!

4 Likes

Double check with a straight edge, but I think you will find your marble is adequately flat, even with an uneven floor, so give it test!

5 Likes

Thanks @jellywerker @DEVLINCC … This worked! Tried aligning the jig on the marble top with a straight edge and a vernier caliper. (Got the vernier caliper on deep discount as it was the only piece remaining :slight_smile: The output from the make-shift jig is actually better than I thought!

4 Likes