Brodie Romax Build Video Series - Super usefull for getting started

Hey Everyone,

I found these videos super useful when building my first bike. Especially being able to pause the video and re-watch parts. I know lots of people don’t like full scale hand-drawings, but this really helps when you start just to be able to get a sense of proportions.

Also the sequencing for tacking/brazing/alignment etc. is gold.

It gets a lot tougher once he gets in the rear end and has a bunch of his own fixtures, but at that point you’re already too deep into it and have to figure it out :slight_smile:

How to make a full scale drawing for building a bicycle frame - Framebuilding 101 with Paul Brodie

Mitering and tacking the front triangle // Romax Build Part 1 - Framebuilding 101 with Paul Brodie

Brazing and aligning the front triangle // Romax Build Part 2 - Framebuilding 101 with Paul Brodie

Attaching the chainstays // Romax Build Part 3 - Framebuilding 101 with Paul Brodie

Seatstays and cable routing // Romax Build Part 4 - Framebuilding 101 with Paul Brodie

5 Likes

@thomfl Great shoutout. Paul Brodie is a legendary fabricator and teacher. I will try complie a video resource thread when I have some time. Once the forum offically goes live, im hoping to reach out to these builders and host “Ask me Anything” and/or shop tours.

5 Likes