Cycle Design USA orders

Has anyone ordered from Cycle Design recently? I placed an order for some LFB, FilletPro and flux 2 weeks ago and it still hasn’t shipped. Phone calls and emails have also gone unanswered. Anyone know what’s up?

1 Like

Got an order a couple weeks ago. Ordered it over a month ago, no reaction for a week and a half, phoned up their direct number and got Wade; asked about it; “Did you order Fillet Pro?” Yes. “We’ll have more next week”.

Communication is not their strongest suit, for sure.

1 Like

I also made an order about 4-5 weeks ago. I got an email within a day or 2 stating that they were out of fillet pro and were waiting to restock within the next week. It took about 2-weeks before the order shipped. I’ve never had any problems not getting what I order from them, however, sometime you have to wait.

1 Like

Any tips on using fillet pro? The manual it comes with is a bit intimidating! I’ve done one test joint with my stock last year but don’t generally do my joints with silver.

1 Like

Fillet Pro is pretty impressive stuff. I’ve used a lot of it. When they say to use the Stainless Light flux, I would agree, it’s pretty nice stuff.

You can build fillets just like LFB but at a way lower temperature, just marginally above silver. Like LFB, keep the working area near horizontal; the Fillet Pro remelts and puddles beautifully, making a nice meniscus.

I just did some stainless dropouts this morning with Fillet Pro, you can see how the silver filled the dropouts nicely.

3 Likes

I’ve done a few bilaminate joints with it too, it’s a bit challenging to get it to flow inside a lug but not too different than brass brazing lugs, then built up the fillet afterwards, worked fine. Here’s an example:

(The shoreline was a little overfilled but it came out ok).

Here’s the link to the album of this built, for those who are interested.

3 Likes

Beautiful work! Thanks for the info. I have some stainless dropouts to do on the next bike, so I’ll give it a go!

1 Like

So I did get through to Wade today and it sounds like there may have been a hiccup with his ordering system (he’s looking into it and calling me back).

This will be my first time using fillet pro. I have some 17-4 plate scrap that Paragon threw in for free when I ordered my sliders so I’ll start practicing soon. What actually triggered me to finally order (aside from my year+ foot dragging of gathering materials for my first frame) is one of my stainless kitchen drawer pulls stripping out. So that will be my first go with fillet pro.

Thanks for the input everyone!

3 Likes

Any chance you could share the manual? I ordered mine from Ceeway and it didn’t come with anything, I’d be interested to see it.

Sorry for the late response! Here ya go: