Flat mount brake boss fixtures

I am making a small batch of my flat mount fixtures because the homie @liberationfab wanted one. Does anyone else want one while I’m at it?

Here are some details about them:
-The tool consists of a base and 3 adapters for different FM standards
-Adapters exist for rear FM140, rear FM160, and front FM140/160 (one adapter does both)
-It is not a comprehensive brake mount tool like the Lichen or Farr tools. It is aimed at folks who already have PM and ISO fixtures, and only need FM fixtures to complete their quiver
-For use with with 3/4" dummy axles
-Made of 6061-T651 aluminum and anodized black
-Machined by me in my shop in Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Pricing information:
$150 for the base and one adapter (your choice)
$50 for each additional adapter
$12 flat rate shipping within continental USA
International shipping quotes available

I might make one or two to have in stock, but for the most part these will be pre-order only. I use PayPal for online transactions. I am ordering raw material at the end of this week, so tool orders will need to be in by then. I am hoping to have them all machined 2-4 weeks after I get the material. Shoot me an email at handerhancycles@gmail.com if you are interested. Feel free to post questions here in the forum!

Here are some images of the fixture with the FM140 adapter installed. I don’t have pictures of any of the other adapters unfortunately, so here are some screen grabs from the CAD file for all 3 adapters.

5 Likes

Capture

Capture2

Capture3

2 Likes

Update: all the parts have been machined and are back from anodizing. I made a few extras beyond the pre-orders I got. So if anyone else is interested, shoot me a message or email.

3 Likes