Incepi IS brake tab fixture instruction sheet?

Hey there,

Does anyone have the instruction sheet for the @incepi IS fixture? I lost mine and need to double check which position is for the fork.

Plz help :pray:

2 Likes

Not sure it will be any help but here is mine, with both location. I’m giving it away to a friend but I’m not sure if there was any instructions with it and if it needs spacer depending on the location.
Maybe @incepi can give us more details.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve got the holes part figured out but need the spacing off of the dropouts confirmed. My fixture is a newer version that bolts on so I need the new measurements. I’m hopeful Eric can get back to me about this pretty soon.

1 Like

I can provide the correct instructions and diagrams to whoever is using the fixture. Spacers for the fork and frame offsets are also needed. I can provide those.

1 Like

Thanks ,I’d love the spacing locations for the ISO fixture pictured above. I will make spacer of m’y on accordingly

This will give you the info you need to machine your own spacer…

1 Like

I should have know better😅 thanks mate!

1 Like

Haha. I find I learn more if I can figure it out for myself. I seem to remember more that way anyway. lol

1 Like

I’m digging this old thread up to see if anyone has some clarification on some specs. On the 15mm thru-axle drawing above, the face of the IS mount appears to be dimensioned not from the axle seat of the dropout, but the body of the dropout. I know Shimano publish a dimension of 2mm (+0,-0.1) as the step from dropout body to axle seat so I’ve been assuming that as long as the dropout meets that 2mm requirement, then we’re good to use the 4mm dimension in the drawing above. I guess my question is why it’s specced like that? Why not from the axle seat?

It’s 4mm from the end of the axle to the face of the IS mount.

SRAM drg below…

1 Like

Yeah I spotted that after a bit of digging round. The Shimano drawing/spec then is a little ambiguous. I know I’m not the only one to read that drawing and come to the same conclusion. I have a tool that Alex Meade made and in his document, he states :

“For IS and post front 15mm thru axle, the reference surface is the innermost (closest to the center of the bike) surface of the dropout, not the axle mating face, so the fixture base plate should butt against the innermost surface.”

The reason I brought this up in the first place was because I read that text and thought it didn’t make sense for the body of the dropout to be a reference surface. But the Shimano frame fit spec book does show a 2mm dimension for the axle face to dropout body so I figured maybe it was to the body?

Hmm…I’m thinking he may have got it wrong but do need to do some checks. All of the drawings for all the other configurations base the set out from the end of the axle. It’s the datum for both where the disc sits on the hub and then where to position the caliper.

eg.

I think the Shimano drawing could be better and they have just reprinted it over the years without thinking it needs an update.

My thinking has the IS at the 4mm from the axle end.