My first frame - commuter/cruiser

Just wanted to post my first build! Geo is loosely based on the Velo Orange Polyvalent Low Kicker. Columbus Zona tubing. High front end for comfort. Very low BB (I have a hunch that the jig—a pretty rudimentary homemade fixture—slipped a little). I have some cheapo 155mm cranks I found in the bin at the local co-op on there now, which work well enough for that problem (130bcd isn’t ideal, but I’m making it work for now). Very happy with the build, and especially how at-home rattle can paint job turned out. Hope you enjoy!

15 Likes

Beautiful bike! I love the blue and tan combo. The cable routing, brake brace, and tube selection all look pretty dialed. Very impressive.

1 Like

Looks great! I’m amazed out for such a good quality rattle can! What did you use?

Spray paint always come out so dull for me. A friend uses Spray Max and gets diminished like that.

It’s a small detail but you nailed the brake brace! The way it interfaces with the lines of the rotor is very pleasing

Cheers, thanks! For paint I used a regular white primer, Montana Gold, and then the SprayMax 2k glamour clear coat. I’ve seen other Spraymax jobs and it seems a little hit or miss — I think you definitely gotta go with the glossiest option and maybe just get lucky with the heat/humidity. Would definitely use a few more coats of it next time, too. Already seeing some chipping unfortunately…

2 Likes