New England Thread

Who here is from New England? I am in CT.
Who else is here. Maybe we can do a group ride somewhere this summer and talk bikes, tops and the fish that got away.

2 Likes

I am! Will be moving back to western mass area in august!

1 Like

Southern NH, would definitely be in for a group ride or meetup. There’s a handful of other NH builders that aren’t on here that I’m sure would be interested as well

1 Like

Kingdom trails trip end of summer maybe.

2 Likes

Southern Vermont here.

2 Likes

I’m on the NH/VT border

2 Likes

NH/MA border.

This raises a build question. Design and build considerations for New England? My rides are always a mix of road/dirt/rail trail/connector trails/power line trails and anything else.

I like Tanglefoot Cycles take on a New England bike for example.

1 Like

Not sure on New England specific bikes, but has anyone heard about the Builders ride at Kingdom Trails September 30th?

1 Like

This is a good question, I’d be interested in hearing some insight. I guess it probably depends on the application some, but it would be fun to see what different builders have come up with for the area

Hey Jesse! @sikocycles and I threw the idea together here: https://forum.customframeforum.com/t/kingdom-trails-ride-9-30-23

I think we have a mutual friend who mentioned that you might want to join. We should probably nail down some additional details soon here

1 Like

I am in CT as well.

2 Likes

Where in CT? I’m in Fairfield county

2 Likes

Missed this thread before, I’m in western MA.

3 Likes

I am in Shelton, so Fairfield County as well.

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

@wfournier Saw you’re in Granby! I am too let’s chat! @gschwell is also nearby, we better get a group text going and get together sometime.

Damn Massholes

2 Likes

@sikocycles you know it lol

2 Likes

@Mikesbikester definitely, ironically @gschwell and had crossed paths in other worlds before we ever had any idea about the frame building piece.

Sorry @sikocycles lol, there seems to be a surprising concentration in the area here, Alex Meade is about 45 minutes away, Pioneer Valley Frame Works is probably less than 30 (however he seems to be taking a break).

1 Like

Alex Meade moved to CT. He saw the light. :laughing:

It’s all good. I am up in Winstead this weekend so I am close to MA

2 Likes

Is there any interest to do another new england ride/meetup this summer? Bummed I missed kingdom last year

3 Likes