Park whip, 27.5/26, single speed, jack shaft, high pivot, inverted fork, coil, burritos

HI! Though I’d add my nonsense over here as well. Not a framebuilder, just screwing around, currently working on frame the third. Little something for the bike park, kinda wrong everywhere but right in all the right places.

515 reach, 632(?) stack, 0 bb drop, 63* hta, 420-435mm cs, real high pivot, 26/27.5, goof-off bike, it’ll get a bunch of bmx parts and whatnot. I scored a DVO Emerald for it, so that’ll be fun.

Couple pics and a link to a youtube channel that nobody watches.

OK, so apparently “new users” can only post one media file? That seems…stupid. Well, here a picture then. You won’t miss anything not having the youtube link, its really stupid.

5 Likes

Sorry! I bumped your access. The forum has default settings in place to prevent spam, which is why there are limitations for new accounts.

Feel free to post more pics, the one you have already has my attention. I love low slung hardtails

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see more picts.

Generally new user limitations help prevent spam and encourage folks to become a part of the community not just “parachute in.”

Come back. Contribute. Join the family. We wanna see what you’re up to.

4 Likes

"Sorry! I bumped your access. The forum has default settings in place to prevent spam, which is why there are limitations for new accounts.

Feel free to post more pics, the one you have already has my attention. I love low slung hardtails"

That makes sense, I probably should have considered that. Anyhoo…thanks for that, I’ll get some more pics up, this is about all I have of this one. No hardtail here, this’ll have 187mm of rear travel with a nice progressive linkage and a coil.

I do have a silly, long slack steel hardtail I’ll post If you’d like. It’s also sparkly pink.

"Can’t wait to see more picts.

Generally new user limitations help prevent spam and encourage folks to become a part of the community not just “parachute in.”

Come back. Contribute. Join the family. We wanna see what you’re up to."

That does make a bunch of sense. Thanks.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to the jackshaft!

3 Likes

The best YouTube channel👍

(I watch)

3 Likes

Welcome Idiot box

2 Likes

Look at all the familiar faces!
nic

3 Likes

Got a main pivot kinda made. This one’s gonna look extra “Machiney” and I’m excited. I like machiney, covers and plates that try to hide the mechanical aspects aren’t my style. I like un-guarded sprockets and chains, pinch points just waiting for you to be dumb enough to put your fingers in, so they can crush them. I want to see all the hardware, all the cables, everything that makes it tick, that 's the stuff that turns me on.

7 Likes

Half as long and probably less than half as good as usual. I do like the opener on this one.

5 Likes

I appreciate the bird B-reel at the end :+1:

1 Like

Everybody seems to like the the part where it ends the best :rofl:
Kidding. I’m an enormous bird nerd and will crash my junk if a hawk flies by while I’m riding. I don’t ever get to see pelicans, so that bunch coming by right then was really cool.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I put this over in the fails thread, because, you know.

I mentioned that the piggy back might hit the top tube under full compression. Not anymore! Nothing an angle grinder, a file and some 3" exhaust tube can’t fix.

The purple bike is lousy with exhaust tube, I think this is the first bit of it on this bike. Quota filled.

3 Likes

Forgot to mention I got tires and pedals and brake rotors and grips and junk ordered, that’s always exciting. Unless everything goes absolutely pear shaped, I’d like to have the front triangle ready to drop off to get the BB chased and faced by the end of the week. Then we build the rear and the linkage and Robert’s your father’s brother.

I’m gonna cross my fingers.

I’m still trying to decide on paint. Who wants to go here Tropical Glitz Metal Flakes — Tropical Glitz and suggest a color? Remember, it’s got that bright, acid green DVO emerald, so whatever color has got to jive with that, otherwise it would be pinkalicious and we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

2 Likes

How about Berry Blast (purple) for that Hulk vibe?

1 Like

I think purple would be good, kind of a joker vibe too. But the trail bike is purple flake and with all of the fun colors I want to try something different for this one. I really like the Blueberry Jam, or the Diamond Splinters over black is just insane and I’m a big fan of insane. Also really considering the Overcast as well.

1 Like

Your toptube cutout:

reminds me of the “whoops, we have to make this rim brake compatible” Venge Vias

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Mine is definitely not the best solution, but it’s what it’s getting.

The important question, what’s your color opinion?!

1 Like

Paint? mmmmm

I would do a blueing and some transparent paint with flakes, silver flakes would do the trick.

Something like this:

Or even the multicolored one.

That’s my not-asked-for opinion :smiley:

1 Like