Paul Brodie's Bicycle Show - Vancouver - June 15/16

Paul Brodie built his first steel bicycle frame in Vancouver in 1984. He played a key role in some of the original mountain bike brands, before running his own bike company for 15 years. Over his 40-year career he has played a part in fabricating over 4200 bicycle frames locally. He was inducted into the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame in 2005, and taught his own successful Framebuilding 101 class until 2020.

Last year Paul endured months of hospitalization and chemotherapy after a cancer diagnosis. He now is back in his shop and creating his popular YouTube videos on everything from custom bicycles to bass guitars.

We believe his impact on framebuilding can’t be overstated and wanted to recognize the accomplishments of a true local legend, so we’ve worked with Paul to pull some of his iconic work together for everyone to appreciate.

This show features a collection of Paul’s completely hand-built, one-of-kind bikes that have never been displayed together. They have set trends and won international awards over the past four decades. Up close you’ll be able to understand the attention to detail and unique blend of craft and artistry. Some of the stories behind the builds are almost as good as the bikes themselves, and Paul will be in attendance to share his insights.

SCHEDULE

SATURDAY JUNE 15

11am - Open
1pm - Guided Tour with Paul
6pm - Meet and Greet with Paul
7pm – 10pm - Opening Party

SUNDAY JUNE 16

11am - Open
1pm - Guided Tour with Paul
4pm - Close

TICKETS: $20
One ticket gives you access for the whole weekend.

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/firstlightframeworks/1133065

Early bird tickets bought online before March 1st get a free show booklet featuring beautiful photos and stories of all the show bicycles.

QUESTIONS: firstlightframes@gmail.com

11 Likes

great excuse to drive to Canada. I’m in.

2 Likes

Thank you for doing this! I have no idea what my summer plans are yet, but I would love to come.

1 Like

I’m in the UK and have just got sign-off from the accounts department for a long weekend trip to Manchester for Bespoked '24 so I suspect a trip to Canada a few weeks later might be pushing my luck. In my absence, can someone give Paul a massive hug for me :smiley: His Youtube channel is a constant source of inspiration and I was so pleased for him when he was able to return to the workshop after the cancer diagnosis. One of my mates here in the furthest reaches of Cornwall is a big vintage MTB fan and has a couple of fantastic Brodie frames from back in the day. His impact on MTB really is on a global scale.

2 Likes