RS Cast Parts and related -

No Longer Shen
In 2001 I went on a tear and dove head first into parts design and production. Every year or so I added to the menu or tweaked what was already there. By the middle teens there were six lug sets, two rear dropout styles in five different angles, front dropouts, three bottom brackets, four fork crowns, some braze-ons, and a world-class seat lug binder bolt.
When my foundry announced they were closing in 2017 there was a mad rush to place one last order for parts that’d last until forever. I wired a $22,000 payment for what I thought would keep us in parts. Lo and behold, my supplier stayed open all along and I eventually ran down the inventory. Last spring, once again I was told the doors were closing.
Since then I’ve had all my tools (some 37 individual molds, one for each RS part) sent to a new foundry. Samples were made. Comments were listened to. And eventually everything got back to normal. As of this week, I’m confident that my materials will continue to be produced. The work I’ve received is of a higher quality than ever.
The materials page on my site describes each part. If you have any questions about these, please email me. My addy is therichardsachs AT gmail dot com. The link is here: https://richardsachs.com/materials/ I’m not sure how to add images but if I figure it out I’ll edit my post.

12 Likes