Shifter lever pivots dimensions

Hi there,
I’m supposed to make old school style shifter lever attachments (pivots?) located on a downtube. Is there somewhere a general specification for that (I did search but with no result)? It’s also possible that I don’t know the proper english term for that… thanks

Are you using the downtube shifter bosses like these?

I’ve used 75mm away from the headtube for the location along the DT

1 Like

Thats the thing I’d like to use! need to make them as ordering them overseas is not the best idea for me. “Downtube shifter bosses” is the phrase I did not know and the thing I need the dimensions for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t you know http://framebuilding.comthe european dealer for us? Well, ok, european, hmm, in the UK …

I know, but UK is no longer EU so buying there is not the best deal.

Oh, maybe we should make a list of EU located resellers and producers?
You can get the dorm tube shifter bosses at, list point 4_Kleinteile_Stahl. Clicking will produce a PDF. In german they are called »Schalthebelsockel«.

I was told that the tips of the shifters should be inline with the tip of the down tube lug. It’s purely about aesthetics though.

But if you’re making a frame without lugs, then you don’t have a point of reference. In that case, put them on the butted end of the tube where ever it looks good to you.