Steel suppliers

Just wanted to start a post that has a bigger list of steel supply that is bike-related and not bike-related. I have a pretty good knowledge of bike-specific suppliers but Aircraft spruce is one of the only spots I get 4130 from. Are there other places that people go for machining steels and alloys or other aircraft supply companies? This also may have already been a thread but just putting it out there.

1 Like

If Iā€™m shopping around for straight gauge 4130, Iā€™ll usually check out:

Regionally (rust belt), I know a lot of folks get raw stock from Alro.

4 Likes

Worth mentioning, Iā€™ve used ebay a ton for small bits of specialty stuff. Itā€™s real common for folks to sell random drops of tool steels and similar on there. Sometimes thereā€™s pretty good deals.
And itā€™s usually very entertaining when people truly take advantage of the USPS ā€˜if it fits it shipsā€™ thing. Haha

I just found out about a place here in Portland Or called Team Tube ( teamtubellc.com) their site shows 4130 from 1/4ā€ .035 on up. They list a couple locations in CA and IL as well. I havenā€™t reached out for pricing yetā€¦ iā€™m hoping i can pick up rack tubing in person and skip shippingā€™s time/cost.

1 Like

I have an online metal close to me so thatā€™s where I go but I always use the coupon

1 Like

online metals has pick up here in Portland too.

2 Likes

This is so great. Thank you for posting resources! Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Why is Wicks so much cheaper then the others? Is it less quality 4130?