Tig course complete now I need a welder

Well I upped my skills a bit.

I took a TIG welding course at Anvil welding instruction in Spokane Wa. I learned alot . Dipped my tungsten many times . Burned some holes… I welded alot for 2 weeks. I have a better idea of what I am getting into. I was wanting to get a multi purpose machine, but shit I think can tig everything I need really being bikes to wheel barrows. So TIG and Brazing for me moving forward.

So machines I was skeeming
Ckmt200 I like the torch and its foot pedal
Prime weld tig225x or the tig325x looks sweet for the $$
Everlast powertig 200dv or 250ex

1 Like

I can’t speak from experience (not a welder), but @randyranderson spoke highly of the PrimeWeld 225X in this thread. Seemed like a worthwhile recommendation as he gets to work with a Miller machine ($$$) at his day job.

1 Like

I have a PrimeWeld 225X. Just know that the little LED indicator only shows your amp setting. All the pulse and flow settings are set with dials, so you only get an approximation of your settings. If you like to know your exact base current and cycle duty numbers, you won’t like this welder.

Otherwise, it’s been a fine welding machine for me so far.

4 Likes

On sale in cart. I use this one also

1 Like

No complaints with my Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT. It has all the bells and whistles for quite a bit less than the big name competitors and a solid warranty. The pulse and amperage have a discreet display setting so you know exactly what your settings are.

Heard good things about prime weld too.

I am familiar with the IGBT technology that these welders use as I used to design VFDs using the same technology. These solid state switches are quite robust and there are very few moving parts in these modern machines. The main thing the large companies will give you is better quality control off the line but if the smaller brands have a good warranty I would expect any quality related failures to expose themselves early in the machine’s life.

Power electronics technology has come a long ways in the last decade, it makes for awesome welders!

3 Likes

I’ve got an older Everlast PowerPro 256. You’re welcome to try it out some time if you’re in Nelson.

2 Likes

I just just pulled the trigger on a prime weld 325x last week and I just got my bottle of argon. So waiting patently for the new hotness!

2 Likes

Been playing with the new machine!

4 Likes