Tig torch recommandation / Europe available

Hi everybody,
I am looking for a recommendation for a TIG torch. My “affordable” TIG welder came with a clunky and unpleasant torch. Working with it is actually difficult specially for small tubes. Therefore and I am looking for something more suitable for framebuidling and available in Europe

Thanks,

Hi Rui

We sell the Weldtec Stubby torch , WELDTEC WTS-9 STUBBY TIG TORCH 12.5FT 1PC GAS THRU SUPER FLEX — BICYCLE FABRICATION SUPPLY

the owner of Weldtec actually developed this torch with bicycle builders in mind and those who weld thin small diameter tubing. Its very light , large soft rubber grip handle , good for holding in those tricky areas , it has modular head so it can be interchanged for different angels if desired. Super flex hose as well. Its the torch I use and our customers who have purchased it really like it.

Likely you will not find it in Europe , maybe there is a vendor in Germany ? But BFS does ship international and have great shipping rates to most countries .

2 Likes

I have one of those Weldtec torches and it’s great. I like it a little bit better than my CK.

Whatever you end up buying I suggest a size 9
Or 20 ( one is air cooled the other is water cooled) and highly recommend paying more
For super flexible hoses.

1 Like

The TIG machines outside the USA… do the ports and connections allow for USA TIG torches to connect without the need for an adaptor?

1 Like

Thanks for the recommandation @BikeFabSupply I have normally sent you a quote request by email. Do you know if those are compatible with most of tig welder? (I am using a rebrand chinese made dc welder)

1 Like

Rui

not sure I saw an email for quote so please send again if needed or any questions with regards to your machine setup. andrew@bikefabsupply.com

As far as connection to your machine. I do not know what machine you have , but this torch is going to bolt up to the Dinse connector as normal , not directly into the machine. Its gas thru torch , so connection at the machine will depend on the type of Dinse connector whether gas thru or gas with pig tail. Most machines will use a Dinse 30-50 and have a 5/8 right hand thread that the Stubby torch bolts to. You should be able to remove the current bulky torch from your Dinse connector and bolt this torch up to it.