UDH dropouts and hangers in stock

hey all,

Investment cast hooded UDH dropouts and hangers in are stock at Metal Guru.

The dropouts are 134 grams (no eyelets), 148 grams (2 eyelets) and the UDH hanger is 26 grams.

thanks,
~Carl

6 Likes

Carl, Heads up, the eyelet version is out of spec according to SRAM. The eyelets will inhibit the rear motion of the coaxial derailleur that will be available next decade. You can’t actually call them UDH without possibly hearing from SRAM’s police force.

2 Likes

hi Mark,

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll request the license.

Regarding the eyelets, there was a slight error in the casting of that style dropout and the drive side and the tooling is currently being revised. I’ll reach out to SRAM for their recommendations.

~Carl

2 Likes

Looks great! I’d love to see some basic dimensions to get a gut check if that’ll work with my designs. Specifically looking for:

• Hood width
  • Hood diameter
  • Hood-to-axle offset

Thanks and welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Great just ordered some and some other supplies.

1 Like

hi Eva,

the hood width is 20mm, the radius is 21.86mm, so a 1-3/4" hole saw would work to create a decent fit up.

The hood location to axle location is eccentric, so I don’t really know where to measure from.

thanks,
~Carl

2 Likes

Sweet! That’s all great to know, thank you for the super quick response :smile:

2 Likes

hi Brian,

Thanks for the support. More good stuff to come…

No hangers with all those dropouts??

~Carl

1 Like

Will grab them local from a friends shop. I’d also like to see how the Sram co-molded polymer/aluminium ones go vs the all aluminium ones.

1 Like

I hear that EVERY shop is supposed to carry these… :wink:

1 Like

I know my guy has em. Also have a bunch of friends working for Sram in their once secret cave now Canadian Technical Center here on the Shore, an excuse to drop in and chat.

Before I dig into trying to reverse engineer these…any chance you have a CAD file for these?

1 Like

20230216_134529

hi Earle,

I have this screenshot. hopefully that has the information you need…

1 Like

The photo is really small for me, I can’t see the dimensions. Any chance you can upload a PDF or the original size?

I’ll try and get an actual DWG file…

5 Likes