Wanted: Pictures of Fillet Brazing

So long story short, I’ve been working on a book for a while now about welding 4130 tubing. I’ll share more about that here once it’s done, but I’m getting to the point now where I need to start getting pictures and putting it all together. My tentative goal is to have it out before the end of the year. :crossed_fingers:

In the opening section, I talk briefly about brazing vs. welding, etc. Is anyone here doing some fillet brazing and/or lugged frames, and would be open to me coming out to get some photos?
May be a bit of a long shot, as I’m in Western North Carolina. But I wouldn’t mind a few hour drive.

So maybe it’s a trade offer.
I get : pretty pictures of coppery goodness & fire,
You get : bribes with beer, lunch and we get to hang out and chat about bikes.

So yeah, bit of a long shot, but I figured I’d go ahead and start doing some networking and see what happens.
I’d prefer to get the pictures myself, partially because making connections in the industry is awesome, and I’d love to chat about fillet brazing with someone who has done it for a while. I admittedly know very little about it.

5 Likes

Richmond, VA here!
Most of my process has moved to tig recently but I’m sure we could find something to melt some brass on.

2 Likes

Man, that would be awesome! Your work is very impressive.
I’ll have to debate about logistics and such, but at a minimum I’d love to chat over zoom or similar one day. I’ll DM you soon!