FFC composite builds

there are too many colors to choose from…

5 Likes

Easy, #3… or maybe 5. Or…

3 Likes

If it were mone, the purple of 3 with the hunter green of 4

2 Likes

Number five

1 Like

I am leaning towards number 6 ( the last one). That sand color just has something very utilitarian to it, which i think is cool for a mountain bike

3 Likes

3 Fo Shizzle

2 Likes

Agreed, or even a paler shade of purple.

2 Likes

LOOK AT IT! :heart_eyes:

longest drill bit i could fit and still squeeze the drill into the front triangle to drill the bottle cage holes :sweat_smile:

paint prep is such a drag and takes freaking ages! getting there tho

11 Likes

This thing makes me so happy :heart_eyes:

Do you think you could be persuaded to leave a little of that head tube/down tube junction bare and just clear it? Just a little? That place where the 2 different weaves(?) meet up is just so pretty, seems a shame to cover all of it in paint.

Killer bike, dude.

The text on the downtube will be clear

1 Like

Sooooo pretty, now what’s with the knife?

Haha this one is a knife my workshop buddy is working on. Made a bunch of kitchen knives in the past tho, and i kinda have the itch to make a new one…

I enjoy using japanese style knives in the kitchen, and started experimenting with some s-grinds and steps so food doesn’t stick. All made from high carbon steel, and they work really well!

7 Likes

Daaammm, I’ve always wanted to make a kitchen set to daily but as always I’ve got to many other ideas. Ever made another trail clearing machete? Also in the idea box

No but i did make a kitchen machete once as a joke gift :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Can I see? sounds interesting…

Put down some primer tonight. I thought I’d have a bunch of pinholes to deal with afterwards, but so far I can’t find any!

16 Likes

Today is the day!

22 Likes

Awesome. Looks great.

After a couple of rides I can share that I am more than stoked on the result! There is the initial euphoria and I am sure there are things that will pop up over time, but for now I am more than happy with the bike. The biggest concern I had was probably the high anti-dive values, but at least in the muddy, low-traction conditions we have here at the moment, it is not a concern at all. I had to machine a slightly longer idler pulley axle to improve the dirt clearance. It gets pretty caked in dirt. This messes with the chain line by a mm and results in a noisier idler, but oh well.
I am also working on a small fender that should help the situation.

It is definetly a bit of a handfull on the uphills, but yesterdays ride felt still very manageable on the way up and I am looking forward for some 1500+m of elevation gain rides. And on the downs it feels amazingly stable and planted. As of now I did not fiddle too much with any suspension settings, so it can only get better.

So not really sure how to put all of this in words, but go ahead if you have any questions!

18 Likes

So good! That is absolutely amazing